I got a hold of a copy of The Ultimate Guide to the Baby-Sitters Club, and it included a one page map of Stoneybrook, so I thought I would share. It's really small, but you should be able to download and then zoom in on it. The quality's not great, but that's from the original image, not my scanner, so it's the best I could do.
When I was a kid I had a Stoneybrook map that I got from one of the fan clubs. This one is different...there are things on here that didn't exist at that point. It's pretty similar though, in terms of general layout, at least from what I can remember.
- I don't know if this is supposed to be to scale, but Kristy's house doesn't look that much farther from the middle school that the rest of the girls' houses are.
- The map includes the Stoneybrook Lighthouse, which I thought first showed up in a late Claudia mystery. But the guide was published around when Kristy's Worst Idea came out, which was much earlier than that. So, I guess the lighthouse showed up earlier?
- It's actually a surprisingly thorough map. I kept looking for people or locations they missed, but everyone/thing I thought of shows up. They even have that racist family and the place where Karen got her hair cut in a little sister book.
- From what I can tell, the only person who's house isn't shown is Robert. Since the guide also lists him as Stacey's current boyfriend, that seems like a pretty big oversight.
- There's also no doctor's office listed. I know they reference going to the doctor in the book, but I can't remember a specific name. It's possible they were in different towns, but since the hospital is right in downtown Stoneybrook, I would think a doctor's office would be.
- Zingy's shows up, but that was always a store they talked about at the mall, not downtown Stoneybrook. However, the part of the guide that talks about Washington Mall is missing Zingy's, so it it's a mistake, at least they're consistent.
- I wish they showed where the Barretts lived before Mrs. Barrett got remarried.
- If this was a better map they'd have the key arranged in alphabetical order.
- There's a Stoneybrook Community Center listed as well as a Stoneybrook Civics Center. Aren't those usually the same thing?
- The guide itself is actually surprisingly inclusive and thorough.